Here goes the red carpet and drum roll…. Welcome to the E-commerce Boom!
Here’s the Good news! E-commerce is skyrocketing in India. Thanks to the data from Statistic, the revenue from it will reach a value of $79.5 billion US dollars by 2025.
So, now is the time to put it to maximal use. But how do we do it? Do you want to know?
Here are some questions that your clients might throw upon you:
What to do - All business sizes, small and big, have excellent prospects provided the right e-commerce platform is chosen.
What’s an e-commerce platform - It helps businesses create an online presence and leverage it to boost their business.
Why Choose it? - It is the center for your online store where everything from marketing, payment, and inventory, is controlled. Hence it is essential to choose the right e-commerce platform that you can rely on.
Who to Choose? It is up to you to choose what you feel is the best. However, comparing the key players can help zero down on the best platform that suits your needs.
A Quick Comparison to Help
For starters, it is a global player that is making its presence felt in India too. It is robust with many features and offers multi-channel selling. Shopify can handle all aspects of the online business from sales, marketing, payment processing, and more. It is a user-friendly DIY platform, and even those with no technical knowledge can easily handle it. However, it is not very customizable and flexible, which takes away some of the shine. Additionally, if you choose to migrate to another platform later, this can give you some headaches!
• Customisable templates, themes, and add-ons
• A rich collection of third-party free and paid add-on libraries
• Supports SEO indexing and crawling
• Different channels of communication with customer support like chat, phone, or email
• Multichannel and integrated sales via social media, marketplaces, etc.
• Flexible pricing
• More than 15 payment gateways
• It is a little expensive compared to other platforms
• It has fewer customisation features
• Migrating to a different platform is not easy as it is not flexible.
• It can be used only for selling products; it is not a content management system and cannot add content like videos.
• Instances of data breaches have raised concerns about data security.
• The customer support is not very knowledgeable and does not offer great help.
Wix is popular too. If the ease of setting up is what your client wants, then it is a great choice. It comes with a website builder that is easy to use and customisable. It also offers domain registration, web hosting and can build websites for free with basic features. That’s not all; it has many helpful features like merchant order tracking, online payments, Omni channel selling, etc. Like other platforms, this too has its fair share of cons, making it unsuitable for large websites.
• Offers more than 500 templates with various categories based on the business you are setting up
• It has many powerful apps with download rates and ratings that help its functionality.
• Boosts SEO by leveraging the SEO features of the platform
• The help center of WIX has articles, guides, and information on various concepts.
• The support team can be reached via phone or call back.
• Limited payment gateway integration
• By default, it is not mobile responsive
• It is not very scalable
• The inventory tracking tool is primitive
• If a free plan is opted for, then it forces the Wix brand on users
• There is no unlimited bandwidth or storage option
• Achieving SEO is not easy
If it is dependability that you are looking at, Storzb is your thing. Not just that, it is affordable and offers fully automated eCommerce solutions through affiliates and partners. It has everything you look for when it comes to online selling. It is feature-rich and is an ideal solution for both small and large businesses. The best part is that the users do not have to worry about building websites, hosting, Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, and integrating alerts. Everything is taken care of by the platform as it offers end-end solutions. So it is less work with more rewards.
• Fully automated, including automation in order processing
• Affordable solutions that serve many industries
• Complete end-to-end ownership of creating the online platform for its clients
• More than 30 partner tie-ups to ensure PAN-India reach
• Services more than 97 industries cutting across various sectors and domains
• Innovative solutions with a continuous improvement on its processes by a knowledgeable and experienced team
• Limitless support during the entire process of the transaction
• Complete transparency in execution
• Knowledgeable and experienced team
• Anti-DIY approach, the set-up is handed over to your clients in a platter.
• Your clients don’t need to have any technical knowledge.
• It helps you tie-up with the correct logistics, payment gateway and communications partner.
• All providers are pre-integrated.
• There is no DIY option, so not for people who want to get their hands dirty.
• The platform does not serve clients directly. Instead, the products are distributed through affiliates and channel partners. This is a favourable option as most often than not, clients prefer to approach an agency for their needs.
Now that you have taken a look at the best three in the business choose wisely. Remember, every platform has its pros and cons, and it is critical to choose the right one based on your requirement.